Thursday, September 24, 2009

To eat or not to eat!!


Well my fight with my weight is going on for a long time now...so much so that I feel "fight" might not be a correct word for it but "war" can be an appropriate one.And in this winning and loosing game ...(well for me most of the time it is gaining game...even though I prefer to loose [:)]) I have reached to a point where my ability to do mathematical calculations of calories has reached a far extreme. When ever I see food the only question that arise is "TO EAT OR NOT TO EAT" along with "100 cal+ 120 + 500= 720 so 1300 -720 = 580" etc etc.
Though when I look back..it does not seem so bad... as this has given me a unique quality of self control along with cautiousness about my well being....And had this not been forced on me by society, I would have still been the same old poor little Pooja whose food choices are mostly biased on the taste and not the contents in it. As this provides pleasure only for small amount of time and painful life ahead(with all diabetes, high BP and arteries clogging) ...Same as judging the person based on his/her outward appearance and not based on pure intentions and thoughts .



No comments:

Post a Comment